cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor lance1965
Occasional Contributor

Is there a secret to getting Optus NBN connected?

Going on 6 weeks since we first made the call to Optus to get internet installed, and we are still not even close to seeing it happen.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Why can't they just send someone over to install our internet?

Almost a month and still no internet working. Order was placed in early November, and we are still not online despite 2 modems being sent out and over 20 phone calls to Optus. Someone from Optus told us they would be out on the 12th, and yet they still rung us today to try to tell us the internet should work. We have no NBN box either. Optus internet might be OK but their customer service is next to useless. We are close to looking for a different company for our internet needs.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Re: Why can't they just send someone over to install our internet?

Now they have rung up again today and refused to believe that an appointment has been made for the 12th. They are now saying a technician will come out on the 19th. Meanwhile, we are being changed $10 for every GB we use with our phone service. This is a joke. Optus needs to get their act together as this is the worst customer service imaginable.

PS: I lived in the USA where internet can be turned on within 24 hours. Here in Australia with Optus it seems it can take months.

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Is there a secret to getting Optus NBN connected?

Can you give some more context? What has happened since? Missed tech appoints? Faulty modems? etc...

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

They have sent out 2 modems but they won't connect to the internet. We were told a technician would come out on the 5th. Then we were told the 12th and just today we were told the 19th. We have no NBN box so I am assuming that is the problem. We are using our phones to connect to the internet but we are being charged $10 for every GB we use.

0 Kudos
Contributor SteveV
Contributor

Not necessarily. Not knowing the specifics e.g. your location an NBN box may not even in the equation. Only the initial nbn rollout was fttp and "greenfield" development (new estates) our fttn was connected within a week and just required NBN tech to attend the cabinet.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

We are in Benalla, Victoria. Other people in the area have a NBN box, we don't.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

We have been waiting for almost 7 weeks now for some help with this but Optus is reluctant to send anyone out here.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Lance,

Also curious to know what the reason for the delay is however I'm afraid we don't have visibility of customer accounts or orders here on our public forum.

Do you have any reference numbers or anything that we can try to follow up on? Without those we can only refer you to contact Optus directly. 

Do you know if you've been assigned a NBN Concierge?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

That is half the problem, we are never given a reason for the delay. Everytime we ring we are talked through the set-up process but we have done this well over 20 times now. Our computers can see the wi-fi but they won't connect after inserting the password. To make matters worse they have told us they would be here on the 5th, then it was the 12th and now it is the 19th. It really is horrible customer service.

0 Kudos