Searching...

Is there a problem tonight with the cable service internet. Speed tests are showing slow speed

Jipster

Hi,

Tonight the service has been quite bad in that we have had to reboot the router and streaming any Netflix or Stan has been problematic.

My service should be significantly more than what I getting. When sold 100 down and 30 Up. Then told this could not be met and we should get 30 down and 5 up.

Please see screen shot. Not even close to that

Unhappy.

Speed test screen shot.PNG

Highlighted

Re: Is there a problem tonight with the cable service internet. Speed tests are showing slow speed

mrj4e

I just asked a similar question, except I am much worse off. Only getting 5Mbps. Also, I submitted a complaint online (email) and received no confirmation that it was received. I chose online this time because I have been using online chats and voice calls since Friday night and I am getting nowhere.

Re: Is there a problem tonight with the cable service internet. Speed tests are showing slow speed

Aman_B

I get your concerns with this @Jipster.  Has this been looked into by our faults team on 131344? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Aman_B

Really sorry for the experience here @mrj4e. I may need to refer you to tech support on 131344, however I'll give it a go. Does your internet run slow during the evenings or all throughout the day?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

mrj4e

Thank you for the reply. This has been an experience in how different modems can give different behaviour.

Briefly, here are the typical results:

(1) Wifi to FritzBox modem to iiNet ADSL2+ => 8Mbps

(2) LAN to FritzBox modem to iiNet ADSL2+ => 8Mbps

(3) Wifi to FritzBox modem via LAN to Optus Cable modem => 20Mbps

(4) Wifi to Optus Cable modem => 5Mbps

(5) LAN to Optus Cable modem => 26Mbps

In short, if there was a problem, it was temporary. Notice the interesting Wifi speeds between modems. Could it be that the Netgear throttles the Wifi speed - probably a good thing.

AlexRH

Heya @mrj4e! I've replied to your previous post Smiley Happy 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
83 Kudos
73 Kudos
71 Kudos
43 Kudos
27 Kudos