Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
martianwizard
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Is Optus THE WORST COMPANY EVER?

My family and I have been with Optus for about 4 years now. Every now and then we face issues and since we are super busy with the work life - this is least of our concern and never got the time to get on a call and raise issues.

For the last 3-4 months, we have been barely getting 10mbps on the Optus nbn and now that we are raising issue and trying to get Optus to help - makes us realise OPTUS IS THE SHITTIEST COMPANY EVER TO DEAL WITH. The customer service you get is just PATHETIC and makes me feel disgusting for staying with them all these years.

I have 6+ cases raised in the last 3 months and they just keep closing the cases without even speaking to me or actually resolving it.

I had a call with the customer resolutions team yesterday noon and I was getting 3.5mbps on the speed test. They said oh sorry to hear; unfortunately, there is no technician for your location and we can’t do much.

We live in regional Victoria (we pay the same as everyone else) and they had someone come and install nbn when we wanted it; but when I need help there is literally no one in our state?! WTF?

We paid $400 and got a nest wifi and I’m trying to put the Optus modem on the bridge mode. The customer service was shamelessly trying to upsell me to buy a wifi booster. Why would I pay more when my internet is already down the drain?! It’s just a setting change and I need the modem on bridge mode so I put the modem behind and use my nest wifi as the primary device. Why is it so hard?
5 Replies
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Is Optus THE WORST COMPANY EVER?

If you google and do some research you can find other RSP's that are way better at dealing with NBN to get issues fixed. I would NOT advise buying any Optus branded devices, unless you absolutely need to have it like the 4G or 5G wireless home broadband (they keep changing the names) as the devices have features disabled compared to the normal retain versions and you can only load the Optus updates into them. I would google NBN RSP reviews and see if there are better options than Optus and make a decision.

Saying that Optus is a company that is setup to make money and like the other bigger telco in OZ have issues with customers as they have not figures out that if you keep customers happy then they will stay with you and recommend other people to move/join....

Unfortunately at the moment I am stuck with 4G and Optus have the cheapest big data plan and it works for me. Once new HFC installs become available I will look at changing from Optus.

For you actual issue with bridge mode search yes crowd with you modem model and "bridge mode" to see if the modem supports this or not.
martianwizard
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Every company has some kind of a problem, I agree to that. But almost 9/10 encounters with Optus is just terrible.
Since we have been with Optus for years, we just kept going; but the last few days I felt like there is no company ever that can be as terrible and frustrating to deal with as Optus.

I have FTTN at my current rental and any ISP I go with will need some kind of a modem to connect to. If I knew Optus would shamefully restrict everything and literally force customers to use their modem/router - I will gladly switch to a different ISP, pay for some modem and use my nest wifi.

I’m done dealing with this bloody Optus!

PS - I have been reading and posting on this forum but no one has bridge mode with FTTN.

If anyone reading this can help - please do. I no longer have faith in Optus to help me.
Tuong_YC

Hey @martianwizard, we're really sorry to see that this impression has been left with you- its certainly not what we want for you. We would be more than happy to follow up with your concerns and assist in the best possible way to get your services in spec.

If you could please send through your case number over onto our social media channels either Facebook or Twitter, we will run some checks to advise further

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
martianwizard
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I just shared the screenshots in the Facebook messenger.
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Too easy @martianwizard. We will follow up with you there - thanks for reaching out -Quade

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors