Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Wazza17
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Invalid password to access B818 Portal

Does anyone at Optus know when the bug that prevents additional logins into 192.168.8.1 B818 portal after initial reset login is to be fixed? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: Invalid password to access B818 Portal

Hi @Wazza17, do you mean that you're unable to login to your modem settings if you change the password to anything other than the default? If so, I recommend factory resetting the modem back to the original password, then try to reset the password again. 

If you do continue to experience any issues with this, I recommend reaching out to our technicians directly via the My Optus App, so they can take a closer look into this for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Wazza17
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I tried another reset and after logging into the portal the change password pop up appeared i don’t recall seeing this pop up after previous resets. Anyway I entered a   new  password and was able to login and out without any problems. So all good now

Kartika

Glad to hear that @Wazza17. Any other questions then just message here. Till then stay safe.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Wazza17
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi my issue has been resolved. For some unknown reason, on the first couple of resets of the B-818 and logging into the portal, the change password popup didn't display.  After the latest reset, the password change popup appeared and I entered a new password and the problem was solved. Now able to login to the portal using the new password. 

Kyri_YC

That's great to hear @Wazza17!

If you ever have troubles again, feel free to reach out 🙂 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Wazza17
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I will
0 Kudos
Top Contributors