Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Introducing the Optus Ultra WiFi Booster

@MkrtichBesides different power circuits it could also be the quality of the wiring in the house. The latest seem to be 2GB powerline speed or 1.3GBS powerline with 867MBs wifi (5GHZ) - TPlink.

I have been looking at these for my brothers place, but still trying to find the best as the walls are brick and the floors are concrete and it's a three story place with no CAT 5 or 6 cabling between the floors!!!!!

0 Kudos
Mkrtich
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yes agree , wiring condition does have an influence. Things have certainly moved fast since last I looked at Powerline Adapters 18 months ago. WiFi is now an optional feature and those TP-Link units appear to have leading operational credentials and the speeds you quoted are unexpectedly high. Powerline Adapter speeds are set by Marketing departments and usually don't take into account real world. With the AV500, I recall getting speeds of under 100 Mbps which was fine.  Must do some reading on the newer technologies to catch up on knowledge. 

Just realised I didn't paste the French Sagemcom URL in earlier post.

https://support.sagemcom.com/fr/haut-debit/fst-286-vodafone-super-wifi 

This site shows a lot of Sagemcom modem products - the fast-286-vodafone-super wifi  is on Page 5 - it may not be the Optus version - it shares the same form factor - no user guide or specification sheet, just the Certificate PDF which provides part numbers which I have not been able to locate on the web. 

https://support.sagemcom.com/fr/haut-debit 

0 Kudos
Tracyshops4kids
New Contributor
New Contributor

got it BUT cant get it to work NOT HAPPY waste of time

0 Kudos
Kartika

Sorry if you feel that way @Tracyshops4kids. You mentioned you can`t even login? Does it give any error message? Or it is too slow to login? Has any other → basic troubleshooting helped. 

If the issue still continues then you are best to raise it with our Technical Support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Mkrtich
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi - has the pairing process between the two units failed or if they have paired successfully, can you not connect to the Internet?

According to the Quick Start Guide, pairing or synchronising the Booster to the Modem appears to have three steps , each with their associated LED guidance and levels of unexpected durations. If you received these two units as new items or the Booster by upgrading your plan, it may be worthwhile to check a few things.

The modem may have to auto upgrade its firmware first to SG4Y1T002023 which provides connectivity software for Ultra Boosters - usual indication of an upgrade activity - if it is at an earlier version, Power Reset the modem and after it comes ON, wait for 3 minutes and you may see itself turn itself OFF and then back ON. Then, according to the modem's WiFi Mesh screen, turn ON Bandsteering to Enabled and SAVE/APPLY in order to broadcast a Single SSID so as to bond to the Booster - on my test modem it is Disabled as default. I don't have a Booster. The Booster also may also initiate an auto update during its install process, so it may take a while to go through each of the three stages.

Hopefully the Optus Call Centre can provide some guidance - the Optus FAQ advises if you are not getting connections or the correct LEDs during the pairing stages, to Restart or Factory Default the Booster and try the pairing process again. 

May I ask what is the model of the Booster printed on the label in case any other information can be found on the web.

0 Kudos
Sarah_YC

Hi @njcalvin,

It's great to hear the Optus Ultra WiFi Booster is going to be of help to you. 🙂

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Sarah_YC , you are replying to a spammer.
tproka
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello everyone,
I recently joined this forum and I found its very informative and knowledgeable. I'm very impressed.
Thanks for sharing this information. Keep posting more.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Hello @tproka, welcome!! We are so glad that you're finding our Yes Crowd forums informative. We have some very talented and knowledgeable customers here, as well as our Support Team who are here to assist you in any way that we can. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

spoonter
New Contributor
New Contributor

Who is the manufacturer of this device?
Looks similar to orbi
0 Kudos
Top Contributors