cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Aman_YC

Re: Introducing the ASUS Gaming Modem

Hi @YetAnotherAcc - Yeah it used to be 12Mbps and then sometime back it was changed to 25Mhbps.  Please note just like before the speeds  on 4G network will depend on factors like locations and the number of devices connected. 

Please let us know if we can assist with anything else. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Optus 

Can you please provide more details as to what the differences are between the DSL-AX5400 that Optus is providing and ASUS' base DSL-AX82U model.

Kartika

Hi @YetAnotherAcc, we can`t comment or have details about the ASUS base modem. You can refer to the specification of the modem we provide → here.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Unfortunately @Kartika that doesn't help because we can't do a one-to-one comparison with the base model. AS there are no specs on the base version available people can't make an informed decision as to whether or not to wait for the base model to become available or just take the plunge now with the version Optus is offering.

TheSnowJedi
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just received mine yesterday, seems really good so far. I did notice in the router logs, that it was trying to search for firmware updates but kept failing. Will there be firmware updates over time?

0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @ THESNOWJEDI - Thanks for reaching out to us here and glad you are liking your modem. 

With regards to the modem, yes there will be firmware updates over time. To check if you have the latest firmware you can check it under→ Enter either "router.asus.com" or "192.168.0.1" in your preferred browser to enter the admin page. Default login: optus Default password: Same as your default WiFi password on the white label at the bottom of your router.

Here you can check if  there are any upgrade available.  At present the latest one is 3.0.0.4.386_42438-g045583a. 

I hope this helps. If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible. If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

TheSnowJedi
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Aman_YC, Awesome, thanks for the confirmation 🙂
0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Happy to help @ THESNOWJEDI. 

0 Kudos
levend
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So disappointed in this. As soon as I go outside the house no signal? where previous with my Netgear nighthawk which is 4 years old NP. I have A solar panel in the garage which now has no excess to the wifi. The ones they review on youtube say they have and show great distances. Perhaps the modified version isn't what is meant to be.

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Have you checked the wifi power settings under Wireless/professional?
0 Kudos
Top Contributors