cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Internet

Hey, my DSL light keeps flashing on my modem, I’ve read up and it seems a lot of people get this issue. My internet and power light stay green and the DSL just flashes. Has done it for two days now. I have tried using live chat, the so called “24/7 service that’s so efficient “ get nothing but “ we seem to be busy, someone will be with you shortly.” I get sick of sitting there for an hour so I try looking for a number to call which waste about an hour trying to find one. Finally find one and I’m on hold for 45 minutes. It seems to be really efficient when you haven’t bought the product yet but as soon as you purchase they seem to act like you don’t exist. I’m actually getting really annoyed about this and considering cancelling and going with someone who knows what they’re doing. 

Keep in mind, I waited 2-3 weeks for the modem, was told a technician is coming out to install. I get Home to a modem left on my porch to which I had to set up myself after I was told to be home as a technician is coming between 8:30am - 1:00pm and since have been wasting a whole day trying to get in contact to se e why I can’t connect the modem which is getting beyond a joke now. When I click on my order in the Optus app it says everything is all good and connected etc but nothing is working. 

I am now posting here in hope Optus get there s**t together and actually get in contact with me rather then leaving me on hold for almost an hour. 

Been with optus for 6 years almost and this has made me consider trying someone else because I’ve never struggled so much to get in contact over the phone with someone who can actually help. 

I dont want a reply saying to try our live chat because I get transferred to 10 different people repeating myself. I want a number of someone who will actually answer in a reasonable time frame and can get this issue sorted. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Internet

I never have to wait long for live chat, so your browser must be crashing the session. Try another browser. Live chat should appear in 5-15 minutes, and you don't have to wait. You just turn the volume of the PC up loud and wait for a bing.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have tried different browsers, 2 different computers and 2 different phones. I still get the same result. I’ve tried calling 5 times and every single time i was told I’m on hold for 15 minutes which turns into an hour. I’m now on here trying to see if I can get an actual result. The reason I’m annoyed to begin with is because I was told a technician is coming out to install and that it would be between 8:30am and 1 pm. I went to work because I emailed asking if I can have a precise time as I have to work and that if they can’t determine a precise time to call me as I’m 2 minutes away ( literally ) it hit 2pm and I realised no one called so I went on live chat and got a response immediately and was told they weren’t sure why I wasn’t called but it says my modem was delivered. I quickly drove home to find it sitting on my front door to which I was annoyed because I wasn’t called and I live in a block of units close together so I didn’t authorise it to be left there. 

In the end all I want is for optus to reply to me and tell me what’s happening. If writing this gets me a reply then I’m happy. I have never had anything bad to say about optus but they have definitely dropped the ball on there NBN and broadband service as I’m not the only one complaining about this. It’s more annoying when I was rung about this plan for months and I finally said alright and it’s being a huge pain in my ass. I’ve waited that long and believe it’s a simple solution such as the dsl cable that connects into the socket of which gives you your network connection is faulty or something as it even says in the booklet that it’s an “ easy to install kit “ pretty much fool proof as everything is colour coded and tells you were to connect everything. I’ve even tried doing everything over again a hundred times incase I did something wrong. When I finally get in contact with someone I can already see them taking 2 minutes to tell me what it is. The fact that I can’t get in contact with anyone is what is annoying me more. Everything seems to be “ live chat “ or “ do it yourself “ you never get a simple phone call anymore. This is just getting ridiculous. I can just cancel and go with someone else who will actually come out and it only cost $5 extra a month. Worth it if you can actually use it. lol. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Not good to hear of the run around with your connection, I'm sorry that no one has been able to provide support when you need it.

The NBN Activation Team can be reached directly on 1300300427 Mon - Fri 08:00 - 19:00 & Sat 09:00 - 17:00 (By State). If everything has been set up correctly but you still can't get online, there may be a network issue that needs to be raised for investigation. The Activation Team will provide you with a reference number that we can then use to provide updates when you need them.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos