Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
GPK1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Internet

Why does Optus always seem to lose connectivity? Every time I have a problem, I ring up and they fix the problem from their side. You pay good money to get connectivity, doesn’t have to be fast, but connectivity anyway. Should we be paying only when the internet is up rather than pay monthly and have disconnection 3 or 4 days of the month?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Internet

hmm, did technical support said what the problem was each time there is a problem? Can there be anything on yourside that contribute to the issue? In my case it was the modem, after a few hard reset, problem solved. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
GPK1
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I got the usual it’s a modem issue. The problem with that is that I have changed 4 modems in the last 4 years or so. It can’t always be the modem. Why is the problem then fixed from their side if it’s a modem problem?

I also dont understand why I am paying $120 a month when the service is so slow? If it’s because the neighbours are on their laptops, then why am I paying for slow responses? Shouldn’t we be getting some sort of discount?

0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi @GPK1, definitely get that it'd be pretty annoying (to say the least) if your service is losing connection.

Without looking at the service I can't really make any assumptions but there could be a number of contributing factors here. For example if you're only using WiFi it is quite prone to interference.

Would recommend checking out our troubleshooting guide here to rule out any basic contributing factors.

If you do experience further drops in connection it'd be best to chat with our Faults team there and then (if possible). You can get in touch on 13 13 44 or via Live Chat here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos