Searching...
Accepted Solution

Internet works but no wifi - Gateway F@ST 3864

shoe18

Overnight the our Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864 has stopped having WIFI functionaility. The LEDs for the power, fibre and internet are on and when I connect my PC via Ehternet to the gateway the internet works, it's just the WIFI that has died. It seems like I should be able to just turn it on by pushing the button below it but that doesn't cause anything to happen.

25590223_10154962178592413_2003400000_o.jpg

Re: Internet works but no wifi - Gateway F@ST 3864

SillyGogo

have you tried restart the modem?

also check in the modem set up that WIFI radio is enabled.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

AlexRH

Oh no! Sorry to hear that happened, @shoe18 Smiley Sad

I hope it's now resolved for you, but if not please get in touch with our Faults crew here so we can get this sorted out for you!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

shoe18

Yep tried that at no luck. When restarting the WIFI and WPS lights don’t even flash on. Been chatting to Optus technicians and they’re sending a new Gateway.

shoe18

I’d like to say this is resolved but through three different Optus live chats a new Gateway has apparently been dispatched as there was no solution to fixing the malfunctioning Gateway. I’ve yet to recive a tracking number and no ETA on its arrival yet, bit sad as we cant jump into Christmas playlists or watch Christmas shows this year. 😔

SillyGogo

oh no, thats not good..I've PM you.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

shoe18

Thanks again for the help SillyGogo. Live chat was helpful in determining that the gateway needed to be entirely replaced and were quick to order a replacement but tracking the replacement was pretty impossible as even after a few chats I wasn't able to receive a tracking number. Overall was a good experience though, new gateway arrived by Toll priority this morning and problem was immediately fixed.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Solution

SillyGogo

@shoe18 thank you for the update. Good to see that things are up and going again.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
73 Kudos
53 Kudos
50 Kudos
30 Kudos
20 Kudos