cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Internet service down

Optus, need your help.

Our powerlines were down in our street today (on the road). Power is back but now no internet.

Your website says there are no faults so i would like to report a fault....except you provide no way to do that..all the webchat links on your site are now dead. When i try to follow your instructions to message through your app your site tells me i need your help to login as something is wrong and invites me to login and message you...really, it does...

What do customers do now? How do we report issues and get them fixed?

I feel You have always been focussed on creating barriers between you and your customers, but honestly this has now become a bit ridiculous. It would be funny if we did not rely on your service

Please help. Working and schooling from home. Need internet....!

Tried resetting modem and all the other trouble shooting , etc. I have a cable modem, flashing orange in the lightning icon.

Help. Please.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Internet service down

Hopefully its all restored. You can report issues in your home in the Optus Outages page. I believe the Optus mobile app is also an option for info and messaging.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Peter,

Thanks very much for your reply. 

No service as yet but were able to get Optus on the phone today and they have now confirmed their assets are damaged in our street and registered the outage on the website. No indication on timing...hopefully won't be too long. Last outage we had went for weeks.

I was not (and am not) able to use the app...something is wrong with my account and they have never been able to fix it in the 4 years we have been customers, so now that this is effectively the only way to communicate (other than phoning), it makes it pretty hard.

On the fixed outages page, if you search your address and it has no reported current outage, there is NO OPTION to report your fault. Strangely...now that my address has an outage recorded when I search now, there now is a "report your fault here" link. I have tested this with other addresses and it is consistent...you only get an option to report a fault if your address is ALREADY within a known outage area. Totally bizzare logic there.

I guess a work around is to try to find an outage anywhere in the network, search an address in it, get the link and report. 

OR, as a community service, here is the link to what I couldn't otherwise find when I needed it:

https://offer.optus.com.au/networkstatus/faultreport?cid=fixedoutage

Best. Keep well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

That's strange. 

@Optus  made a big song and dance about updates to the outage page just recently.

You're meant to now be able to at least tell them of a fault (whether they do anything with the information is unknown)

Things like taking 4 years to fix a simple account setting (and failing) seem classic Optus. You should be able to report an issue and get it fixed. Instead you're often just promised it will be looked at, or you will be contacted later or that it will be fixed in 4 hours. Then its totally up to the customer to keep contacting Optus to get restart the process. Its almost as if Optus want to make being a customer a challenge that we can wear with a badge of honour 🤗

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ha ha...I don't know if I should be relieved or depressed that I am not the only one facing these kinds of difficulties. I have certainly earned my "badge of honour"...I would see about getting it sent out to me but it is too hard to get them the message.

I checked out the song and dance...I can see that is in relation to the mobile network which is on a separate tab and does have the ability to report an issue. The fixed cable network tab does not have that functionality. I guess they are running it down which I suppose is fair enough under the circumstances.

On the plus side, I writing this using my fixed line internets which are back up. happy days.