cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Lanamadrid
Occasional Contributor

Internet service broken for 10 das in Sydney!!

How is it possible my internet in Sydney hasn’t been repaired in 10 days??? It’s apparently a general problem since there was a storm. 

But it’s terribly inefficient that it’s still not repaired!

my case hasn’t been checked in 8 days...

worst service ever!

my bill has been issued with the full amount, when I haven’t have internet all these days

really chocked by how terrible the service is!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Internet service broken for 10 das in Sydney!!

What kind of service is it?

some faults post storm require a tonne of work to fix and aren’t simple.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Lanamadrid
Occasional Contributor

It's an ADSL Service. Apparently the adsl service was down due to the storm in Sydney of the 8th of February.

I have been without internet for 10 days, and when you work from home, it's terrible.

They called me today after having no news from them for 4 days. Now I have to wait for them to send me a new modem. I don't really understand how a new modem is going to solve the problem. But that means more days without service.

When I call the call center there is a waiting time of 1H30.

I assume in Australia you are used to a terrible technial support and you think it's normal. But seen by european who are used to an excellent service, it's really chocking. 

If your internet fail, the problem is solved usually in 1 or 2 days...

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Rene18
Occasional Contributor

It is shocking. We lost internet in the Brisbane storm of March 15 2019 and we have not had it repaired. It's been three weeks without internet and we have a home business too. It is shocking service. My wife and I have been on hold to Optus for more than 15 hours in three weeks trying to resolve the issue. We got given a new modem, had an Optus technician sent out etc and it seems the problem is with our NBN box. The outport on the box has been damaged duirng the storm power surge. Because the NBN tests our internet remotely and sees it working from pole to house, they refuse to say we have a problem, so we are now in what's been called "the Optus-NBN loop". I really hope yours gets fixed with the new modem. We've got a much longer wait! 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors