Searching...

Internet randomly dropping out

Davoudtajer

We have been with Optus for 7 years now, and has suffered this constant-dropout problem in the last 12 months.

We use internet at home between 7am-10 pm everyday, and the connection drop out every second day between 11 am till 6 pm. Most of the time I experience 2-4 times drop out per week.

We have done the following check:

- check physical connections (power and cable to modem, modem to router);
- change to another router;
- connect my laptop directly to the modem without the wireless router
- change the modem

Non of the above helps.

When the connection is dropped, I can see all panel indicators (US, DS, Link, Online) at the front of my modem are flashing, and funnily enough without us doing anything the Internet will be back on again between 3 to 7 hours every time .

I called Optus technical support, they have sent like 5 or 6 technicians in and they check every thing and tell me all is good now . This has been going on for 6 months now ! They have escalated our calls so many times but their manager are even worse than their operators !
Obviously it seems everying is perfect because the drop out only happens randomly every day so they Optus just doing this to save some money !!! Shame on them

After doing some research on this website I found I am not the only one having the same problem. I only have one question why they hell they don't officially announce that they are doing this on purpose to just earn more money and the hell with customers ?!

Thanks
cheers

Re: Internet randomly dropping out

Nghi

Hey Davoudtajer, I've replied to your other thread here.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
84 Kudos
80 Kudos
68 Kudos
35 Kudos
34 Kudos