Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Internet not working

Have contacted Optus via phone (and spent hours on hold - am on hold right now again) and FB Messenger and cannot get this resolved. It's driving me crazy.

Our ADSL connection is really really slow - internet is pretty much unusable. Cannot work from home and kids cannot do their remote school work, let alone watch netflix or catch-up TV. This is since a tree fell and took out all the aerial cables in our street on 29th April - ALMOST 2 WEEKS AGO. The cables have been 'fixed' but our internet speed is shocking. We have reset the modem multiple times but it makes no difference, and when I called Optus yesterday they said there was no fault on the line.

NBN became available on the 28th April (haha) and we had contacted Optus to connect. We have received the equipment but that's not possible as apparently the NBN connection has not been repaired yet (an NBN technician told me this yesterday). Some communication on when it will be fixed / we can connect would be nice?!

The cables going from the street to our house were pulled when the tree came down and have been damaged where they join our house. No one has inspected / fixed this yet. 

Please help!! How do we get these issues resolved?? We need to work from home and do school work remotely due to the pandemic but our current internet connection is making it impossible!!!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Internet not working

Hi Anna,

Our household having the same issue in the area for broadband connection, there was an outage on one of the towers and been in touch for a week with Optus - nothing is happening. We are currently using mobile data and data pool as interim measures, but who knows until when this issues going to last for. Hopefully Optus can resolve this issue soon! It is really frustrating.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @AnnaMac,

Apologies for the ongoing experience you've had with this.

Have you been provided any PR or fault ticket numbers in reference to this?

Could you also please confirm either your suburb/postcode? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @z_hook 

North Warrandyte 3113. Today I got a case number via Messenger #355411

Just some communication / information would be great. No one can tell me;

1. if and when the NBN will be repaired and available

2. why the ADSL is so slow and what needs to happen to fix it in the mean time

3. how I arrange to get the cables joining to our house inspected / repaired.

@NotCaroleBaskin hope our issues get sorted soon..!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there AnnaMac,

Hmm, that's not a case number I'm familiar with. What did the Messenger team advise after providing you with that case number?

You should be able to get at least some answers from the Facebook Messenger team, what was their last response? Who did you last speak with?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Here is the msg I got with the case number;

‘...I've gone ahead and raised this to our Technical Case Management team and your case number is #355411. A Case Manager will then be allocated as soon as possible to investigate. Just a friendly reminder that as our Technical teams are operating on a reduced headcount, please do allow some time for them to be in touch.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Tina.’

Since receiving this I was told to buy a 4G WiFi modem to use in the interim, have got that now.

Have received a kind of update in regards to NBN but nothing about the slow ADSL or the cables running to our house.

‘With regards to the activation of your NBN service, I can see that this is still in progress, with the latest note left on the order being that NBN needs to perform some remediation works to get your NBN service up and running.’
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Okay good to read there has been some progress, keep us posted.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos