Searching...
Accepted Solution

Internet never worked

KatGarbars

I've had the optus service for 3 weeks now and they've never been able to get the internet working. I've talked to the helpdesk for hours and had a technician out to the house. Nobody can figure out the issue and they always promise it will be fixed in 24 to 48 hours.

Short of canceling my service and trying another company does any one have any suggestions?

Re: Internet never worked

petergdownload

NBN? Cable? ADSL?

Peter Gillespie

KatGarbars

Sorry, it's adsl.

petergdownload

At this stage Optus should be providing an alternative. 

You can request a mobile broadband modem (4G) while they sort the ADSL issue. Assuming you are in an area that gets it.

They should provide the modem free of charge (data may not be unlimited). Speed will be roughly the same as ADSL.

Peter Gillespie

Tano

Hey @KatGarbars, sorry to hear you've received no resolution regarding this :/ can you send through a private message with the following information so I can take a look into this?

Full name:

Account/phone number:

DOB:

Are you the account holder: Y/N

Any fault/reference numbers you've received in the past

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Solution

KatGarbars

Just to follow up,   Optus sent out a level 2 tech from Telstra to get my Internet working.  He found that the Optus tech who had come out the week previous didn't do what he was supposed to do.  It was an easy fix and we are all set up.  Showed a total lack of communication between the help desk and technician on the Optus side, but at least it's done now.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
63 Kudos
41 Kudos
32 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos