Searching...

Re: Internet keeps disconnecting - VERY OFTEN!!!

Nam_L

Really disappointing to hear about your experience Cheung1 and we're sorry for the interruption to your business. We'd love to look into this further for you. Could you please PM us your internet username or mobile number, full name and DOB? 

Cheung1

You have my details. You dont need more unless you are not optus

AlexRH

@Cheung1 We're not able to go by your Yes Crowd username, and as we have no prior conversation history with you, we'll need you to PM one of the moderators, this is also due to Privacy Laws.

If you don't wish to disclose that information via online platforms, that's understandable, you will need to speak with us on 13 13 44 so we can assist you further. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Cheung1

Yeah right, I'm going to spend 45 minutes waiting for Optus. I have signed in with an email address, not a user name. You have my information. You forget, I am the Customer, I am sure if you were after me for an unpaid bill all Privacy would go out the window. I was not expecting a lot from Optus. This post has been going for three years and you are doing the same things to me as you have done to the others before me in this post. I really don't like the way you treat me. 

AlexRH

We're not able to access your account with just your Yes Crowd information, @Cheung1, I'm really sorry. 

In order for us to complete an ID check, we will need you to send through your details, we're unable to assist via this platform otherwise.

You can also chat with us via Live Chat from a PC/laptop HERE

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

JNWalker

I am having the same problem here in Sunshine Coast. The households work fine for the first few weeks. Then the router keeps disconnecting during the mid day for 2 weeks at least. We had called the company but the IT just saying the same thing such as "Maybe you connected to many devices at once" or Just our company IT system issues blah blah blah. I mean come on, my university has over thousand students with multiple devices connected to the Network still working fine.  Anyway, the problem still going on and got worst. Instead of disconnecting in mid day, the router will disconnect at a particular time from between 8 to 10 pm. 

Highlighted

TommyB

First off, seeing this thread still going since 2013 is just terrible!  Some simple facts for folks:

-AFAIK there is NO NEED to switch your modem off overnight.  I don't.  The only time I power down my modem is if there has been an outage or if I am going to be away from the house longer than a few weeks.  The reason is simple...my home security system also has an IP camera so I need the net to be on so I can check the camera on my phone.  Most big businesses run their modems 24/7 so anyone who tells you that you need to power off your modem at night really doesn't have much technical knowledge.

-When modems keep dropping out then there are a number of things which need looking at.  There could be a fault in the line from the street pit to your house, the modem could have developed a fault, or the NBN feeder modem (the box with the "Ariss" branding) may need to have its settings tweaked.  This can all be checked remotely by an Optus tech who can check your line quality and the transmission frequency of the line.  If there's a fault then push for a technician to visit.

-Talk to your neighbours who are with Optus.  Are they experiencing the same faults?  If so this is an area-wide issue and you need to press Optus to fix it.  Send a PM to any of the mods here with your ID details and they can follow this up with technical.  If you do not get satisfaction then you can complain about your service with the TIO here:

https://www.tio.com.au/making-a-complaint

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
63 Kudos
42 Kudos
32 Kudos
32 Kudos
16 Kudos