Searching...

Re: Internet keeps disconnecting - VERY OFTEN!!!

[ Edited ]
janetan

Hello. The optus home unlimited broadband wifi/internet keeps on disconnecting.The internet light keeps going off and comes on for a few seconds and than goes off again. Yesterday, the internet did not connect for more than 2 hours and it is getting me frustrated. This problem has been going on for more than a week now and is still occuring. I have contacted optus to help me with the problem but all they did was gave me advices and after following the advices, this problem is still happening. I need the optus people to come and fix the problem at my house. Starting to lose my patience. 

Tris

Hi Janetan, sounds a bit frustrating Smiley Sad Have you spoken with the Tech Support team since? They'd certainly be able to see on our end if the connection is dropping out. Just wanted to confirm, are you experiencing the same drop outs when connected directly via Ethernet? Tris

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

LolaM

I bought an Optus E5251 mini wifi modem and it keeps disconnecting. I have to keep my finger on the button the whole time to keep re-connecting it. It's ridiculous. Very unhappy about this product. 

LolaM

I bought an Optus E5251 Mini Wifi and it keeps disconnecting. I'm very unhappy about his product. 

Nghi

Sorry to hear that LolaM. Are you saying that it keeps turning itself off and you have to keep pressing the power button? That's certainly not usual behaviour. You can take it into an Optus Shop to be assessed or speak to our tech support crew on 131344 or chat → http://yesopt.us/chat2us - Nghi

Thomas1990

I am also suffering from exactly the same thing. Several times a day i loose connectivity. I wont be paying me next optus bill until this issue is resolved.

Nghi

That's very unusual behaviour  Thomas1990. Have you spoken to tech support to get this investigated? Was this for ADSL, Cable or NBN? Please give us a ring on 131344.

vezzie123

Hello,

I had a similar issue. It's not something that happens often apparently, which is good. I've had internet with Optus for a long time and this was the first time something like this happened. So my issue was caused by my fetch tv shorting out the modem. The modem kept resetting and my fetch tv stopped working completely. It happened just sitting watching tv fairly late and we didn't touch anything at the time it cut out. Very strange. The techie (both of which were super lovely and both wanted the issue to be sorted, I seriously couldn't say enough nice stuff about Michael tech no: 202) number 2 figured out the issue cause it's worked for ages after the first techie left. It was super annoying but it was sorted and was a mechinal fault and not from Optus not trying. Also it's Christmas and I asked for a new fetch box on Saturday and it's arrived today... Wednesday. Plus my 2nd tech came out Boxing Day (Saturday) too sort this out. Pretty good considering it took me 6 weeks to get INTERNET with TPG, anyways cheers Optus. You may me a big company but your pretty easy to deal with and you sort things out pretty quickly. It was hard to get this info so I hope it comes in handy for anyone else with the same problem.

Heyalz

So it's been happening since 2013. Now I have just done the switch from Telstra hoping we got better deals with our mobile plans and Internet and we have just been stuffed around. Waited 2months for it to be connected was told they will pay for extra data if we went over on our mobile bills. Was dropping in and out, nbn came out and it's still doing the same thing. Sort of regretting changing services at the moment. Everything that was said before we got connecting isn't happening. 

Highlighted

Cheung1

It's also happening to me. Ive had it. From all the negative posts I see here all they want to do is stall you and hope you give up. Get you to wait in line to book a no show tech. 

I have a business to run. I don't have time for this. I have two mobiles, office phone and internet for one company on Optus.  Looks like it's back to the more expensive Telstra for all my business. I can't believe this post started three years ago and it doesn't look like ending soon. My other companies will be told to assess and review their telcos. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
39 Kudos
32 Kudos
30 Kudos
18 Kudos