Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
marcus10
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Internet is down

I am sick of not being able to speak to a real person. My internet is down, live chat does not work. This is truly appalling customer service - Optus why can't you get your act together. I am sick of being put through your phone service and then being disconnected at the end. Can someone tell me why I am paying you $120 for this? How do I speak to a REAL PERSON?? Dont fob me off to your call numbers, they are just an web wall designed to stop you from talking to someone.

6 Replies
JD2017
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Internet is down

Same here, can't even get on the net to talk online!!!! WTF

Lowflier
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same here, recent sign up to NBN.  Down form about 1 hour in Joondalup WA.

NBN box has lights on, it is the OPTUS modem that cant connect.

Tried to to do the online chat,but being blocked because overloaded?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
silver101
New Contributor
New Contributor

internet/NBN/phone/tv all down and cannot even go online to contact as all busy - poor service big time

0 Kudos
IanCraigieburn
New Contributor
New Contributor

Could not have summed up my feelings any better Marcus. Where are you located ?

marcus10
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Tried two things. Firstly, rang their sales line as I knew that was one way to guarantee a real person. As soon as they heard my issue, they put me on hold and then disconnected me. Secondly I tried an Optus shop. I said I’m paying $120 a month, my internet doesn’t work, your phone support doesn’t work, your live chat doesn’t work, and I can’t reach an actual person - can you help? The answer, ‘No, I can’t reach a real person either. I can’t help you’. And this guy works for Optus! What a complete and utter shambles of a company - I just can’t believe this level of total incompetence. 

0 Kudos
KGupta
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Same frustation I have mate...had been asking the same question since 1 and half years. I dont think OPTUS really cares.

I am too paying $120 for such a service. I am just waiting for my contract with Optus to end....tired and sick of talking to automated telephony. 

0 Kudos