Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Teenz
New Contributor
New Contributor

Internet drop outs

I do not have access to a permanent cable connection so have opted to use mobile broadband to support my wifi security camera however it often drops out overnight due to I'm presuming inactivity which disrupts the connection where it does not reconnect. I have the huawei broadband stick and it is attached to the TPlink3020, does anyone have any suggestions to stop this from happening? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Casey_YC

Re: Internet drop outs

Hi there, @Teenz

Thanks for raising this with us here. 

If there are no current interruptions showing on our Network Status Page, we recommend you check out our Slow Speeds / Dropouts: Mobile Internet Troubleshooting page to see if this can improve things for you. 

Otherwise, our Device Guide link might be useful in checking out the modem settings. Just search for the device you are using and it should come up with the applicable guide. 

It can also be useful to have a chat with the Technical Support team on our Messaging service via the My Optus App. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos