Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Modicumfracas
Contributor
Contributor

Internet data

Hi I have an IPad tablet and a Acer laptop,can i use the extra data I have on my tablet on my laptop? For some reason I can't seem to get my wifi to speak to each other,something about not recognising the network and they won't connect. Both are on optus

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Internet data

Not sure how many services you have or how you have everything configured but can't you just run the hotspot on your iPad and connect your laptop to that?

Modicumfracas
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Yeldarb, new to this but just tried the hotspot but it says it can't connect to this network,.Computers can drive you mad. As for services I'm on a oputus plan with the tablet and pre-paid on the laptop. Because I'm new to this I don't want to just start hitting buttons. Thank you for your reply 

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

What Optus device are you using on your laptop? If I understand your question you simply wish to use the iPad data and subsequently you shouldn't have anything plugged into your laptop. Just create a Hotspot on your iPad and try connecting your laptop to it with the password provided.

Edit: If you are using the new instant hotspot it might pay to have a read of the link below.

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204681

https://www.imore.com/how-connect-instant-hotspot-your-ipad

Modicumfracas
Contributor
Contributor

For the laptop it's a plug in optus modem and I do unplug it when trying to use the tablet which has a hotspot feature I think it may have more to do with the network area off either the tablet or the laptop, I'll try it again if it doesn't work ill leave you alone otherwise ill drive you mad it's probably basic to you, I'll get back to you let me try again

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Have a read of those links as the way you use the latest iPad hotspot is somewhat different.

Modicumfracas
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I'll pop the kettle on and have a read agin thanks 

0 Kudos
Modicumfracas
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I'll pop the kettle on and have a read again thanks

0 Kudos
Modicumfracas
Contributor
Contributor

Ok if I'm reading this right you not only need the hotspot turned on but also wifi and Bluetooth, the issue with that is is says on the tablet that wifi is not connected (but in another area I can turn it on and off) when I turn it off it's says wifi off, turn it on wifi not conected,I'm I making sense?

0 Kudos
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

When you turn the hotspot on do you see it in the list of available networks on your laptop?