cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Tamika
New Contributor
New Contributor

Internet cutting out, is it modem or is it Optus?

For the past week I've had some serious cut outs with my internet. It went from being completely fine to cutting out several times each night to then cutting out so often that for the moments it was working, it only lasted about 30 seconds and a few times was running at 0.01MB per second. I've talked to Optus via the live chat serveral times. I have turned it off you the power plenty of times and I have completely rebooted with the little reset button in the modem. This helped for a few days but now it's cutting out again and I'm worried it will keep getting worse and I don't want to have to reboot it every few days. If it is the modem, which it seems to be, will Optus be supportive in a replacement? Or is that on me, and if they are then will i have to pay? Because I'm not in a great position to be buying a new modem especially considering this modem is only about 4-5 months old. I haven't been able to get on the phone with customer support due to lack of credit and I'm not getting through to the live chat so I'm taking my chances here. Please help, the internet is my life and my sanity and with this festive and chaotic season, I could do with as much sanity as I can get my hands on.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Internet cutting out, is it modem or is it Optus?

Hi @Tamika, appreciate how frustrating the drop outs would be 😞 If the modem you have there is the cause of the issues then we'd definitely look at organising a replacement for you.

Since posting, have you been in touch with our Faults team so we can investigate? If not, please PM me with your username/account number so we can take a look at what's going on. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Tamika
New Contributor
New Contributor

I haven't been in contact with live chat again and it was troubleshooted and so far things are going well but I'm going give it a few days to decide whether the issue is still a problem or not.

0 Kudos
AlexRH
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Oh okay, thanks for the update though!

We're here if you need a hand with anything further.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
saktek
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

99% of the time it is Optus, even Modem is also supplied by them. If frustrated with Optus service go to 

https://www.tioonline.com.au

and lodge a complaint against Optus to wake them up

0 Kudos