cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Jen68
New Contributor

Internet connection

I have just relocated my I internet service to my new address. I have NBN connected but having trouble connecting my internet service. I rang customer service but they where know help, told me that I need to connect the modem to the box outside but I am unable to reach it and I don't want to climb a ladder to do it. Is there an Optus technician that can possibly help me.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Internet connection

Hi

If you have been connected to the NBN you will have had an NBN connection box installed in your house, not outside, to which you connect your modem.

Is this a new installation or have you moved to a new house as it sounds like the installation hasn't been completed.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor Jen68
New Contributor

I have moved into a unit and the NBN is connected,  yes I do have a box inside and one on the wall outside. I don't think the customer service people know what their talking about. I was told I had to connect the modem to the box ouside anyway do I have to pull the cover of the box inside because I can see any connections?

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Have a look at the instructions in this link:

https://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco/documents/nbn-fibre-user-guide.pdf

I think this should cover what you are after.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors