Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Internet connection down

My internet connection is down.  If I re-boot the modem it comes back for a very short time.  I have tried calling the help centre - they say they will only takes issues where the internet is down and then you end up with a message saying the call centre is closed.

I have used the My Optus app and sent a message.  After 3 days, I got a reply and it was the wrong department.  One day later I got another reply and after swapping a couple of messages, they said they had to check something - then they disappeared.  My issue was then marked as resolved - it is not resolved.  I have sent another message, but no response.

Still I have no Internet.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Internet connection down

Hey @lt42

Thanks for reaching out; Sorry to hear you have not had a great experience with your messaging team.

I can appreciate during this time; not having a working internet can be pretty frustrating. 

We have put together a page full of general information, with trouble shooting steps COVID-19, it has a lot of helpful tips and steps that might help you get back online

If you are still having trouble streaming after you have attempted this steps, I’d recommend trying to reach out to the Messaging team again. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Its not frustrating. It is down right impossible to work from home as requested by the Government.

Reaching out to the messaging team is a total waste of time - each time I try, I go through many steps with the automated robot responses and then get to the end where it "closes" the case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @lt42

Thanks for the feedback about the bot, I will be sure to pass it on. We definitley don't want you to feel like it is impossible working from home, it will be challanging and an adjustment. I myself are working from home and it is taking some time to adjust.

I would suggest stating "I want to speak to a person" and then giving your full name, and the information about the issue. Then someone will get back to you

We've been experiencing delays due to COVID-19 impacts but someone wil get back to you, in the meantime if you urgently need a connection and the internet is down I would recommend using your mobile as a hotspot

Please not that this will take-up alot of your downloads, the instructions on how to use your mobile as a hotspot are in This Article

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

"I want to speak to a person" and then giving your full name, and the information about the issue. Then someone will get back to you.

This does not work - you still hit a brick wall.

As for using my mobile as a hotspot - are Optus going to pay for the data?
How about Optus supply a free 4G modem for me until they can fix my Cable internet service ????

0 Kudos