Searching...

Re: Internet attrocious at night.

[ Edited ]
hacomagix

@valet8 @Dan_DS Internet is one of the area of business that's really sh*t and third world, Australia has been lagging behind the world with infrastructure much of the country is running on ADSL 2+ maybe not even ADSL2+ for suburbs in Melbourne like Berwick i can name a lot more but i ll skip for now. It is not completely Optus' fault as no competition is there to provide us a concrete-better service than Optus, but it is their fault to over advertise and not deliver the service, there is no wrong doing if Optus capped everyone on cable with 30Mbps and charge us 60 dollar a month unlimited it is still profitable by the looks the current price tag of 120~160 max boost. ADSL2+ runs max at 20Mbps and it was working fine so a gradual step is completely do-able.

@Dan_DS Let me make it clear why people are angry and helpless, This is the nature of your internet business right now Optus as least from a customber perspective this is what it looks like to us. Currently Optus use our money to provide someone else service #Netflix #What ever speed they promise. "There was some work completed in December, but as soon as people realised their internet connection was running faster again, they started downloading more, so there is still more work to be done"  so the mod pretty much proved that they are using our money for someone else's service and they are going to continue that, using others' money to  upgrade our service and it is not fair for customer to deal with it.   I mean seriously if Optus cannot provide 10% of what they advertise 100Mbps .... i don't know what you feel about it @Dan_DS but i think it is no different to stealing from us, i really wish Australia is going to have an organisation that would do something about this kinda issue effectively TIO takes month maybe even years to solve your problem.

I am on your max boost 120 dollar a month

Here is my speed test , time is 8:11pm

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5098996641

3Mbps?? ADSL2+ hello>? Is this how you treat a customer, maybe a customer that's been with Optus ADSL2+ for years to upgrade to Cable and get this? What if someone don't use Netflix and Optus TV? (Don't tell me you can choose broadband only, it doesn;t help my neighbour reverted back to Telstra, i am going to do so next year when i move house). Your customers are not "beggers". Do you only reply when cuistomers say F***Y Optus.

Psylence

happening for me in Redcliffe as well, go from 20Mbps during the day to 4Mbps or less at night, at this point i feel its only fair to pay a quater of my bill.

NoSupport

my speed every single night for the past 18months.... sometime happens during day but mainly between 6pm - 1am

http://i65.tinypic.com/1zflrb5.jpg

NoSupport

im on the 100mbps upgraded speed package...

mmaslen

I'm in the Denistone East area (carlingford exchange) and my performance has plummeted to 1.83 megabits per second. So much for the "speed pack"...

PJ_2075

Another 3 disconnects from server last night.

Optus, when you get round to fixing the network problems, I'll get round to paying my bill !!

valet8

packet loss last night was crazy, definitely worse than the useless lagfest.

Becky181

Ballarat here similar problems with slow downs at certain times havent logged it yet but going to but just so you all get to know about my little high horse issue right now you will note in some of the mods replies in this link they ask for you to provide a mobile number for them to SMS you updates! Question since when does it say you have to own a mobile phone to get service from a phone company? since it is the only part of the whole network they really care about as it makes most money for calls and especially data. I for one dont own a mobile since i dont need a SMART PHONE i have a computer or 5 for that sort of stuff and i dont even like SMS or as it was TXT all I would need in a mobile phone is just that a mobile telephone. However if you aint got one then you cant get any help from OPTUS

valet8

@Dan_DSis there a new ETA? or am I wasting my time asking lol.
Internet is so bad right now, packet loss is through the roof, cannot game.
When I go do the speed test, the Optus speed test every time I get

Test Timed Out: Verify the NetGauge daemon is responding properly. Also verify there are no network outages, firewalls, or proxies preventing communication between the testing client and server. If the problem persists, consider adjusting the timeout setting such that this error occurs less frequently.

AceDanz

I'm in canley heights same problem here too much lag on games apparently I was told 3-4 weeks about 5 days ago I've been trying to get a mod to confirm this but FLOPTUS mods won't reply maybe it's time to call the tio or the accc to try get some answers....

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
94 Kudos
81 Kudos
44 Kudos
38 Kudos
31 Kudos