Searching...

Re: Internet attrocious at night.

tchakir

Rubbish service has slowed again tonight. Trying to watch a move and it's 1 minute of movie, 2 minutes wiating. Come on Optus - either give us the service or tell us why it's not happening. So p#$@%ed off again!!

digby

School holidays mate. The kids are hammering netflix I'd say

swiftpaw

I'll be honest. I have given up. I am totally defeated.

I cancelled by VPN and game subscriptions last month.

Now I just do offline stuff and just use this connection to google stuff for class. It's a real shame.

valet8

@Dan_DS or @Optus are there issues at 2073 at the moment?
My internet has been unsuable all weekend. By unusable I mean, I am getting about 50% of pings through, but I cannot load any web pages, my phone also goes through the modem so I couldnt even call optus.... This was at night. In the middle of the day I can make a call, then it will just cut off, so I call again and this just keeps repeating so I have stopped calling up to notify Optus.
The internet is somewhat ok in the middle of the day, I can load a web page! but still have a lot of pings just timing out -.-

valet8
DAN_DS
1st Sep ‎2015 at 10:49am
I stated on the 4th of August that there are two levels of upgrade to be 
performed at Belrose @valet8, one that was due to be completed this
month, and has been, and another that would be the finish of that upgrade,
which is due between September and December. Being that today is the 1st
of September, that full upgrade has not yet been completed.
It is still scheduled to be completed between now and December

Dan its now mid January and its still not fixed. December 31st was suppose to be the max max max. Again, just lied to. This is such horrible service.

valet8

@Dan_DS @Hollie
Any ETA of this actual upgrade.

Joust8u

After months and months of waiting it is clear the "Upgrade" is never going to happen.

Optus just say what ever to give us hope so we stay connected as long as possible.

Reminds me of a bad land lord, "Yes sir we will fix that very soon."

Optus Cable was good once upon a time.

[ Edited ]
Luma91

They've been lying to us. Plain and simple. I hate australia, i hate our internet, and i hate our apathy and the fact that coperations like Telstra and Optus think that they can get away with terrible service and the consumers will just bend over. This is why we can't have nice things.

I wonder how the mods here sleep at night knowing they are making crap up to try and keep us paying Optus for terrible service.

This is no better then the crap Americans are putting up with, with Comcast. Except we get even slower speeds, and don't have Google Fiber to save us.

digby

The most disgusting thing about this whole sh*tfight is that they haven't learned anything - optus is still advertising the whole unlimited download/free-6-month-netflixpackage. Are you guys just taking the piss now?

valet8

@Dan_DS hello?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
86 Kudos
80 Kudos
63 Kudos
36 Kudos
35 Kudos