Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
general99
New Contributor
New Contributor

Internet and Phone outage in 2032

Hi,

I'm using Optus Cable and home phone.

My google wifi tells me the Internet disconnected at 2.30am this morning.

The service outages page says that cable in 2032 postcode is under maintenance from 28 Jul until 11 August.

Obviously it's not appropriate to have a service disconnected for nearly 2 weeks with no notification to the customer or any backup plan. Can someone please provide some information as to what is going on and when it is likely to be fixed?

I'm unable to find a number to call to speak to a human. The live chat feature ( http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat ) doesn't work so whilst the page appears to have a link, there is no chat link when tried from multiple browsers.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Internet and Phone outage in 2032

Hey @general99, you definitely shouldn't be fully disconnected during standard maintenance. The tech teams advise there may be minor disruptions, but if you have been fully disconnected then we need to investigate your specific connection.

I've just tested Live Chat and connected no issues, you can also call 24/7 Tech Support on 131344, but if you still can't get through, feel free to send me a private message with the below information so I can raise it with Case Management from my end for you.

Full Name:
DOB:
Account Number:
Are You The Primary Account Holder: Yes/No

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
general99
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Toomey,

Thanks for your reply. Internet and Phone was reactivated by about 3pm yesterday afternoon.

I was unable to find the 131344 number easily on the support site, I ended up getting it from an Optus store in Westfield. Maybe I don't know how to navigate the maze well but I always ended up back on the live chat page which was unhelpful.

Regarding Live Chat - http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat , 'Personal', 'Broadband and NBN', 'Technical Issues' - the line technical issues shows as a link but there is no target specified:

<a target="_blank" id="consFixedTechSup" class="chat-choice-trigger teal nbn-issue-chat-link chatTrigger">Technical issues</a>

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Ah good good, glad you're back online.

Completely understand your confusion with the contact us page. If you go to Troubleshoot & Device Help, it will navigate you to a troubleshooting guide for your service with some tests to run through. After finishing the troubleshooting it will give you escalation contacts.

Alternatively you can select "Something Else" to get the contact numbers straight away.

Hmmm bizarre, it loads a pop up for me and connected to an agent immediately. Not sure what could be causing this on your end sorry. Does the same occur in private browsing?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos