Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor TonyF
New Contributor

Internet and Home phone

Though I have connected to the Optus network as instructed by the Optus instructions I have an intermittent broad band connection, (below 1mps up to 15mpbs, sometimes no connection at all)  I purchased a 50mbps plan.

I also have not been able to connect my home phone, even after following their instructions implicitly. I am on an ftpp connection.

Help please.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Internet and Home phone

If you can, plug your laptop directly into the UNI-D port on the NBN modem mounted on the wall (so disconnect the Optus modem for the time being) and run a test that way

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor TonyF
New Contributor

Don't use a laptop smart phone and computer only. Computer is Wi-Fi connect.

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Any way you could borrow a friends just to run some tests? 

Running speed tests when connect via an ethernet cable is the best way to rule out other problems and from there, you can figure out where the problem is. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor TonyF
New Contributor

Wi-Fi fixed sort of by Optus changing channels. But intermittent drop outs still there. Apparently my Optus supplied modem is not good enough to get me on the 5ghz band. And that would apparently fix all my problems. So they say. Very not happy Jan.

0 Kudos