Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Internet access

Internet is down again, can’t get through on phone, can’t get message out through app. Please advise how we can resolve this. Last time managed finally to get someone on the phone to reset at your end. This is getting really frustrating as internet is so unreliable. Please help
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Internet access

@HelenP Yes Crowd is a Public Forum and not a direct support point for Optus.

https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status

Have you checked for reported outages?  Use the above link and click on Fixed Outages (All NBN connections are Fixed Connections). If you use 4G/5G click on Mobile Outages.

If you connected to the NBN you can also check https://www.nbnco.com.au/support/network-status
you need to enter your full address.

If there are no reported outages you use social media to contact Optus Support, please send a PM to Optus on  Facebook or a DM on Twitter and include in the message that messaging is not working from the My Optus App.

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks yes, have checked outages and done resets. Have sent FB message, tried the phone number, can’t even get into the app to send a message. Have clicked links to web chat and been forwarded to the app which we can’t access. Next?????
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@HelenP  Web Chat was discontinued a few months ago. Messaging is the replacement. 

Have you tried logging into your Optus Account via a web browser and sending a message?
There is an icon at the bottom right corner of the page. I cannot think of anything else to suggest.

Optus Help.jpg

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos