Searching...

Internet Connection Issues

Geordie1981

Putting this on here because I've had no luck anywhere else:

Hi

I am writing to complain about my home broadband and Yes TV bundle. I have rang up hundreds of times and used the chat service on numerous occasions and nobody is able to resolve my issues.

Basically my internet connection is terrible. I am getting download speeds of under 2 and uploads of 0.4. It takes minutes to load pages on the internet, I can't even watch videos on Facebook and the Yes TV is constantly skipping and freezing.

When I ring up people helpfully tell me to turn my wifi off and on again, turn off all other devices and tell me I am too far from the telephone connection. Basically a load of lies. I had one guy this weekend telling me I should be getting minimum speeds of 7 and another telling me the maximum speed I could ever get is 7. When I first signed up I was getting speeds of up to 12 which dropped down after a few days and miraculously when I complained the other day my speeds shot up again to 5. They have now gone back down again.

When I signed up my internet wasn't working for a month and I was told I would get a full refund which of course did not happen.

To be honest I don't think you know what you are on about and you purposely make it extremely difficult to contact you so you can get away with offering a shoddy sub par service. To be honest I have no idea why I am wasting my time writing this as I am certain that nobody will read it and nobody will reply to me.

Basically the issues I want resolved are:
- improved internet speeds
- fixes to optus sport which freezes every 5 seconds
- refund for my first months bill
- online bills instead of paper (which I have tried to activate 100 times to no avail).

Cheers

Johny

Re: Internet Connection Issues

Ineedanewsuppli

Good luck mate, I have very similar problems. Just like you said you get onto some and it gets better for a few days I am getting 0.06 and a high of 1.4. I have been complaining for years. I have finally given up today and am moving to Telstra and they don't seem to really care about that either. 

Regards

rob

Dan_C

@Geordie1981, thanks for reaching out!

There's many factors that come into play. ADSL speed is determined by the following:

• The length of copper running from the exchange to you premises. There's a maximum length a signal can travel over the copper Network. The further away you, the greater the signal loss (line attenuation).
  • DSLAM capacity - how many customers we have connected to the equipment within the exchange.
  • Internal wiring - faulty wiring, socket degradation; this can result in noise or signal loss.
  • End user equipment - whether you're using WiFi or an Ethernet connection, faulty hardware etc

I'm happy to run a couple of checks, I'll see if I can identify an issue.

Send us a PM with your details. I need your full name, DOB and account number.

Same goes for @Ineedanewsuppli

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Jarred_Nixo

Hello Dan, 

Ive searched for hours after waiting almost two days for a reply or to finally get through to someone but I’m having a problem with my internet as ive been called for months to sign up to the adsl broadband service and finally accepted. After waiting almost three weeks for anything to actually happen after saying yes I finally received my modem ( which long story short, I was told a technician will connect everything up to which I arrived home to a modem on my door step without ringing me to make sure that was alright. ) I installed it myself which was simple and I connected all the cords as it said in the booklet. Once I put power to it the green light appeared followed by the internet light staying green but the DSL light was flashing green. This obviously meant my internet wasn’t connected as the wifi didn’t work. I waited overnight and all day today to see if maybe it needed time to connect to the network ( in the meantime I’ve been trying to ring and use live chat which doesn’t connect by the way, and have gotten nowhere. ) I have spent hours and hours waiting and I’m starting to get impatient as nothing has changed and no one has responded to me. Pretty disappointed as I’ve been with optus for years. Killed my whole experience with you and I’m pretty annoyed about it all. 

Thanks,

jarred

w123

contact the ombudsman. Its the only way to get service from optus it seems.

Dan_C

@Jarred_Nixo, I'm to check how the activation is progressing.

If you could send through your details via private message, that'd be great.

I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
68 Kudos
48 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
16 Kudos