cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Intermittent internet drop outs

Hi,

We often have internet drop outs and slow internet speeds. We have Sagemcom F@st 3864V3 HP modem/router, I'm at a loss to what the leds should be showing. The Power, Lan, WAN and Phone leds are steady-on, the DSL light is off, and the Internet and Wifi leds blink in a block of four on-offs per block. Does anyone know if the internet led is meant to flash or should it be steady on.  If the flashing led indicates a fault code can someone tell me what it means.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Intermittent internet drop outs

Hey @Scarborough - Thanks for sharing this with us.

Depending on your type of connection, this could be a number a things. There will also be a number of troubleshooting steps that we could run through.

What I would recommend is to visit this page here and have a look at your connection. From there, select the 'Modem' and 'Troubleshooting' and you'll be guided on the assistance.

If you still experience issues afterwards, you can message our team here and they will assist with having this raised.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Steven, thank you for your quick response.  I think i have gone through the most of the troubleshooting guides. Do you know if the the internet led on this modem is meant to flash (blinks 4 times then solid and repeats) or is it meant to be on solid?

Cheers,

Godfrey 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Scarborough - a blinking light is an indication that it is working. The pattern though, is not something I have taken notice personally. As long as it's blinking, it's doing it's job. 

If you're worried or concerned about the connection itself, I'd recommend having this raised though so that we can intervene as soon as possible in the event that there is a mroe underlying problem. Better to be safe than sorry!

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Steven,

really appreciated your feedback.

Cheers,

Godfrey

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Not a problem at all @Scarborough (Godfrey)!

Let me know if you need a hand with anything else