Searching...
Accepted Solution

Intermittent Optus routing issues on Fixed Home 4G broadband - Slow loading and missing page data

[ Edited ]
AussieLTE

Has anyone else noticed the intermittent routing issues causing slow page loads and missing content?

I can switch to my Telstra hot spot and instantly everything works at speed

Even put my Telstra Sim in the 4G router and the same thing, fixed and everything works

It Appears to be a routing issue?

For someone with less technical experience it would just appear slow loading,

However I can specifically see missing data from generic google sites and others...

Highlighted

Re: Intermittent Optus routing issues on Fixed Home 4G broadband - Slow loading and missing page dat

[ Edited ]
AussieLTE

SOLVED!!! Working fine now 100%

I proved that the APN was / IS the issue

the Only APN that works correctly for me is optus "preconnect"

All other Optus APNS appear to work however have some sort of authentication / routing issue that makes it appear as if your browser is slow or not loading pages.

They show as connected and even speed ect looks fine...However certain WEB Pages hang or dont load at all.

On my current setup the APN that should be working (and is the default by setup) is "LTEBROADBAND" but it don't work correctly...

It may be because I switched from a prepaid plan to Post paid and OPTUS have not correctly setup my APN access.

When I get around to it I will call OPTUS and find out.

List of OPTUS APN's here...

http://www.optus.com.au/business/support/answer/our-mobile-broadband-or-home-wireless-broadband-apns...

But note If you swtich between them it takes a few minutes before you can see any difference.

I found testing using google sites was the best.

hope this helps if your web browsing experience is poor also

Re: Intermittent Optus routing issues on Fixed Home 4G broadband - Slow loading and missing page dat

[ Edited ]
AussieLTE

Turns out its not fixed and has been getting worse...

can switch between APNs now and none will work, and the issue will go on like this for days...Then suddenly it works for two or more days then fall over again

Its OPTUS Service and nothing else sorry for the false positive previouly.

looking for another provider...

Hollie

Hey @AussieLTE - it sounds like maybe there is a problem with signal strength either in your house or the area you're in. Have you chatted with our techs about this recently on 131344? Any fault report numbers handy?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Solution

Drv

Hi AussieLTE,

I have been having the same problem and its quite frustrating. i found a solution for Windows 10 via WP that might help. the issue seems to be Windows auto tuning on the TCP protocol and that causes the slowness of web browsing.

See here 

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2561021

Drv

In case the WP Thread gets deleted or extended, the solution for Windows 10 and slow browsing of certain websites on the Optus 4G Network was to disable the TCP auto-tuning. 

Thanks for ghostofdre as posted on WP: 

The solution is: 

1. Load an admin cmd prompt and run the following:
netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled

2. Run the following cmd to check
netsh interface tcp show global
You will see a line 'Window Auto-Tuning Level' with a status of Disabled.

If you want to revert:
netsh interface tcp set global autotuningl=normal

AussieLTE

Thanks Drv it worked...

djc2

Thanks for forwarding this. Browsing has been a pain since May when we started with Optus Home Wireless. Now I can consider dropping the Telstra Wireless service since it's very expensive although much faster. And don't risk exceeding the plan quota.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
76 Kudos
74 Kudos
53 Kudos
38 Kudos
25 Kudos