cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor gaetan
Occasional Contributor

Incredible lateness and lack of professionalism!!!

I suscribed to your Broadband bundle service on the 23rd of January 2017. Your team had to come on the 1st of February to connect my service.

On the 2nd of February, I recieved a message to tell me that my internet connection was running; I received my routeur modem on the afternoon and ........ nothing!

The DSL led was blinking.....

.........And the ordeal began.

Since this date I'm glued to the phone with your team, I spent so many hours with them that I stopped counting. What is the problem? They did a mistake with my adress and no one seem able to fix the problem.

To sum up, you screwed up and you're doing nothing to solve the problem.

I talked to:
- the sales team

- the technician team

- the cancellation team

- the activation team

- the store team

- and all the other I forgot

Today, after an umpteenth call, it's been the straw that break the camel's back. Your team told me that my adress wasn't corrected yet in the system but they performed a new order at the good adress but only for the phone, not for the internet!!! We are losing so much time and money and absolutely no one seems to be able to help us to solve what is YOUR mistake.
My partner really need a strong internet connection to study and I need it to work. 

I spent 5 years in africa and my internet supplier there was more professional than you. I nerver saw that lack of efficiency before!!
So what do I have to do now??? Do I have to cancel my mobile phone plan, my landline and ADSL line with you and contact Telstra????

I'm really upset, this is intolerable!!! 

17 Replies
Occasional Contributor Zehffro
Occasional Contributor

Re: Incredible lateness and lack of professionalism!!!

That is exactly what I'm facing too! I ordered an ADSL service early Jan. Optus went ahead with all the 'connections' and technician visits. I was told I got connect 27/1/2017. However each time my DSL light keeps blinking. I have wasted so much time and at least 10-15 hours waiting on the phone to speak to someone who can assist but always get turned away because I got the wrong department or they are helpless. And for that little times I got connected to the right department I was told and promised that service will resume in 24-48 hours. Right about now, its about the fourth 24-48 hours that I'm being asked to wait but nothing happens. If Optus cannot cope with offering internet services, for the love of all mankind, please don't. Right now I can't study, I can't run my online business and am losing time and money. Someone please HELP US. 

Occasional Contributor

I only had two 24h-48h but also a two weeks delay to fix the problem. And guess what, when I called them to know if their was any progress in the procedure, the technician told me that the adress was still wrong and to wait 5 minutes because he had to transfer my call. The five minutes went on 1 hour, and after 5 minutes, the spokesperson just hang up and never called back.

That such a shame! I have been waiting for one week and nothing changed. On top of that, the problem is really simple, they did a mistake in their system. They just have to correct it and to send a technician to connect the good housse. This problem can be easily fixed within 24 hours but it seems too hard for Optus!

I also have a mobile plan with them, no problem at all. So they just seem unable to provide a good broadband service. Their is so much complaints on the interent about that ..... 

My last hope is this forum. Otherwise I'll contact another internet supplier ... 

Occasional Contributor

Exactly! I just got off the phone with them after a 2 hours wait. And right now, they're telling me they got the address wrong. I need to call them again tomorrow, wait for hours, and get the address updated. Not even sure if there's a need for the technician because I'm pretty sure that's going to be another 1 more week delay because we need to do 'advanced booking' for the technicians. I don't understand how such a simple task can get so complicated. Back in Singapore, all we need is 2 working days for admin work to be done and everything is connected flawlessly, no issues thereafter. Not even sure how many months is optus going to delay me. They better not charge me the installation fees and modem fees, otherwise who's going to compensate us for the time and money lost. Like you've said, this is the last straw. I'm happy to pay termination fees just to hop on to other networks providing better services. 

RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

@gaetan I've replied to your post over Facebook. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, I hope you will be able to help us.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Still nothing to fix the problem ....
The only solution is to wait 2 weeks and pray for someone to come !
What a wonderful service ...

All my neighbors that use Telstra have absolutely no problem. Their technicians come in time and do the job quickly.... And I, with Optus, spend my days on the phone to find a solution............

Really disapointed! 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way gaetan 😞 

Completely understand that it's frustrating and we'll certainly pass your feedback on.

Keep us updated on how it goes.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hey @gaetan

worry not, we're in the same boat. Spoke to someone on Optus live chat and they cancelled my previous order. Now I need to wait another 2 more weeks before anything is done. Sigh. It's already been a month of waiting, I really really am at my wits end. And so they promised me something about compensation BUT it wasn't written in my notes. All these promises, all these YES I'll get it done for you ASAP are nothing but empty promises. I've lost total faith already. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

That's certainly disappointing to hear Zehffro 😞 

We'd be happy to help if you need a hand with this. 

To confirm was the offer for our Customer Service Guarantee due to a delayed install?

0 Kudos