Searching...
Highlighted

Incorrect Billing for cancelled account

Nickycosta

Hi

I cancelled my broadband account back in Nov/Dec 2018 and was told yes all cancelled etc yet I'm still being billed for this account months on. I asked was there anything else I needed to do and was confidently told no that's it now you're up to date on payments etc.

To my dismay the direct debit came out again in Jan 2019. I cancelled the direct debit from my bank but am still being billed via email for a broadband account I haven't used since Dec.

Help!

Re: Incorrect Billing for cancelled account

petergdownload

When you say you have "cancelled the direct debit from my bank" do you mean you cancelled it at your bank? While banks will generally ask you to contact Optus you can cancel any direct debit from the bank end.

Otherwise I would suggst you write a complaint to Optus and ask what's going on. Its a much more legal process so you should get either an apology or an explanation in 14 days.

Peter Gillespie 

Nickycosta

I cancelled my direct debit in Jan when I was billed again both via my bank and via My Optus app so that's why they're now billing me via email saying amount overdue etc

petergdownload

Still not really clear. Has Optus taken any money or just sent you a bill? Sounds like the later. Definitely something to contact Optus directly and file up.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
29 Kudos