Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Incompetence at its best!!

WHAT customer service!!!! 

Just to start I have been an Optus customer for approx 15 years, around 6 months ago I looked into upgrading to the NBN, I booked in a time and date, took a day off work and waited around all day. I called them (when you could actually get hold of someone) to be told they requested a phone call for be to call on a land line to ensure I had a phone connection in my house. Obviously I was cranky as I have had necked broadband with Optus for 4 and a half years. As I had no phone I went out and bought a cheap one. Got home rang Optus, on my Optus mobile. They told me to plug the phone in call a number they provided. I was told that there was not an active phone line and a $300.00 fee would be required to get my house connected. At this stage I canceled everything as I know I was being ripped off, not sure how the bright sparks thought they had been providing me with internet for the last 4 1/2 years. Now let's fast forward to the current day, or a week ago.

I done some research and found another company who provides the NBN -- Shocker!! Was told they would have someone out today (present day) 3 working days to connect me to the NBN. They arrived and had in connected in under 3 min. Perplexed I asked the NBN installer about the phone line connection and he laughed and said how did they think the broadband they provided was connected. No or approximately, no ex a toy 38min ago I thought I better contact Optus to advise them I no longer require their service, to my amazement and confusion you cannot get hold of anyone on the phone or could I find an email address to contact the Optus team. I have currently been on hold for 37min on my Optus mobile and 31min on my work mobile. I came across this which seams seams to be the only point of contact and I want this in writing for when I contact the department of fair trading if they try to charge me for disconnecting my service. I can say from the start the internet has been poor ADSL I know what do you expect but I swear it used to be ok. The longer I'm on hold the more annoyed I am at a company who does this to anyone. Obviously to save costs or something. After I submit this complaint I am going to look at other phone companies to provide me with a mobile as I'm out of contract. Optus I gave you 15 years, you tried to rip me off $300 dollars and now lost a customer might only be 1 but I was loyal. Disappointed soon to be ex Optus customer.

PS I'm going to finish and submit this now and if anyone is interested 42min still no answer. Peace out 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Incompetence at its best!!

Just an update - 1 hour and 3 minuts finally answered. The operator was lovely and canceled my broadband. Now for a new mobile phone provider 

Spoiler
👋🏼🥂
Tags (1)
0 Kudos