Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
SilvO
New Contributor
New Contributor

Incoming phone calls don't work since switching to NBN

I switched my Optus broadband and home phone package over to the NBN - the switch was done last week. Internet works great and I can make outgoing calls from my landline, but when you try to call our number, you get a message that the number has been disconnected - i..e no incoming calls.

Tried to call Optus support a few time, but gave up after being on hodl for 45 minutes. What else can I do?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Incoming phone calls don't work since switching to NBN

hi @SilvO  try livechat https://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat and check with your order status, it could be stuck or not fully tranfered to NBN.

we switched over to nbn (with another RSP) from cable last Tuesday and the phone is not 100% fully transfered to NBN. I have contacted the provided many time and each time is saying our order is under provisioning. This process normally painless, however, sometimes  got stuck especially with a complex number porting. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
SilvO
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Incoming phone calls don't work since switching to NBN

Thanks for the suggestion. Finally got through to someone on chat and correct - the order status was stuck at the phone plan part.

They got it activated a couple of hours later so as far  as Optus is concerned my order is now complete. But I still can't receive calls on my landline and now I can't make international calls either. And chat is forever busy and last time I tried to call them I gave up after being on hold for 45 minutes.

So not too sure where from here

0 Kudos