cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor scheepmaker
New Contributor

Inbox full. Deleted everything but was advised to empty my Webmail .Unable to login as get rejected

Optus is refusing to accept my password in webmail as I need to clear out the mailbox which now blocking incoming mail to my inbox.

Please can we agree on one useable password and user name so I have access to wherever I need it to access Optus

ph *hidden* C Scheepmaker

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Contributor whattalkingyou
Contributor

Re: Inbox full. Deleted everything but was advised to empty my Webmail .Unable to login as get rejec

You'll probably need to contact Optus via Live Chat (https://optus.com.au/livechat for them to reset your Webmail password.  They will send a temporary password via SMS which you can then change to one of your own choosing.

---

Please note that I am not employed by Optus and as such any views are my own and the information provided is (at best) general only and does not take into account your dreams, aspirations or financial circumstances.

0 Kudos
Contributor Yahhump
Contributor

Re: Inbox full. Deleted everything but was advised to empty my Webmail .Unable to login as get rejec

It's probably better to set your email client to delete the emails for you.

In outlook the setting is called 'remove from server' just do a google search. When it's set to a specified amount of days, outlook will outlook will automatically delete the emails from webmail for you after xx days, freeing up more space for you to receive more emails.

So not only will this prevent you from having to log into webmail again some time in the future when your mailbox gets full again. It also bypasses the need for you to call Optus, get them to reset your webmail pw to a temp pw, get you to change your webmail pw to a permanent pw, get you to manually delete your emails in webmail, then update your email pw in your email client... trust me the process is not fun.