Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Identify if my an overhead cable that runs to my neighbours property belongs to Optus

We are currently renovating and our neighbours overhead black thick cable crosses across our boundary from the street and interfers 

with our building works. Our neighbour is fine for it to be relocated and has advised that they have optus tv and internet.

1 Who can identify what the cable is ?

2 Who do is speak to regarding it relocation to another telegraph pole.

3 Is there a cost involved ? 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: Identify if my an overhead cable that runs to my neighbours property belongs to Optus

Hey @tedkral, thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry that we couldn't come back with a response sooner. The cable that you've described definitely sounds similar to an Optus HFC lead in cable.

- The account holder would need to reach out to our Cable tech team → 131344.

- The owner would need to request for a drop cable removal or relocation.

- A cost may be involved however it's generally dependant on the set of circumstances that has led to the removal. If the location of the cable is seen as hazardous, then it will be removed without a cost.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos