cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

ghr
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: IMAP set up for multiple Mac Computers

"When I re-enable it then turn mail off and back on again they reappear."

Can you please expand on exactly what you are doing here ie what are you doing here "....then turn mail off and back on again..."?

0 Kudos
timothy09
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I simply quit Mail and then open the app again.

0 Kudos
ghr
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I understand.

The POP email needs to be disabled sufficiently such that it is no longer able to read new email messages. If it is able to read new messages it will delete them from the Optus server. Perhaps you can put an incorrect password into the POP email's credentials which means it will be unable to fetch new messages.

Test this scenario by sending yourself an email and seeing if it arrives in the POP email. It should, of course, arrive in the IMAP email but not in the POP email.

If you are on a Mac using Mail you could try dragging a single email from the POP email to the IMAP email and see what happens.

0 Kudos
timothy09
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, Thank you! That's finally done it.

I believe the system is working the way I want it to.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
ghr
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Great.

Something that might be 'cleaner' and in addition to what you have already done is to go into Mail-> Preferences->Accounts, select the POP account and then in Advanced deselect 'Include when automatically checking for new messages'.

(Consider a 'thumb' in appreciation)

timothy09
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you again.

0 Kudos