Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor Bolts
New Contributor

I need to change my primary email address

I am getting 25 -30 spam emails a day to my Optus primary email address and nothing I have done has helped reduce or eliminate this problem.  I have opened a gmail account which has really helped, but I still get my Optus bill sent to my primary email address and it is getting lost in all the spam.  I cannot spend my life deleting spam (which is a laborious process) and eventually the mail box will be full and even my Optus bill will bounce!

I have set up a secondary Optus email address and want to change my primary email address to the new address..... but no one at Optus can tell me how this can be done. How hard could it be??

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: I need to change my primary email address

I'd junk the optus account. Its spam filters are limited. 

Since you are 90% of the way there, perhaps just get Optus to send your bill to your gmail account?

Note you can also set your gmail account to get any emails coming into your Optus account. The can be automatically marked as read an put into a sub folder/label. That way you can do a quick browse every now and again (I don't know if emails arriving this way are checked for spam)

But otherwise you will need to contact Optus (LiveChat) and get them to do it for you. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

See next post

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi

Login to My account>profile>account information. you can change your email there. Also change your billing notification.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Bolts
New Contributor

Hi Dave,  I tried your method, but with no success.  There does not appear to be a pathway to change my billing details.  If there is I can't find it!! I will try contacting live chat and seeing if they can help....... thanks anyway 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for touching base, @Bolts. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've faced with your email. Did you have any luck speaking with our Live Chat team? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors