Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I just want to Pay!

I'm pretty sure I signed up for paperless billing initially. Nonetheless, a paper one arrived. No problem, I'll pay it and set up a direct debit. Or so I thought.

My account isn't recognised. I get through to someone via the on line chat on Sunday and get it set up. Apparently they are having a reset or such and it will take 30 minutes until the system is back and it will work. I can login, but can't access anything. I then start trying all this week. Same thing.

I can't log into my account either here or via the app, or rather I can on here but nothing works. I'm faced with an ever spinning circle on the dashboard, the billing and papments is blank save a note about advertising bandwidth (what the hell?).

I go to member services, it won't accept my account number as valid.

I go to their pay my bill feature, it won't let me pay.

I go to the my optus app, it says there was a problem please try again later (has done for a week).

I try to call, it's only during office hours and hey, I work and and my break isn't long enough for the hold time.

I try the online chat, it dosen't connect.

I look for an email address, there is none.

I thought the UK landscape was bad. I've had better service when i was in Burma. I still have a bill sitting that I can't pay.

I expect I'll get it resolved, after wasting yet more of my time. (and hey, if it was at my hour rate, I;d have the cost of the full contract back twice over!) But it feels good to vent at least. Bloody hell.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: I just want to Pay!

Chat tends to work on a PC. Phones are a joke craze platform, like the yoyo and fidget spinner.

You may get better results getting into the account by using a browser in in cognito mode.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: I just want to Pay!

Apologies for the delay in getting back toy you @Dalos. Sorry about the online My Account not working and your experience so far 😞 it is indeed disappointing. Were you able to chat to someone in this regards since posting? I can definitely look into your My Account now and fix it. Please PM your phone number / account number, full name and date of birth here if you still need assistance. Kartik

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos