cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have received a spam from Australian Government Services requesting information

I received a spam around and shown as 5am in the morning showing that it was the Australian Government Services requesting information 

Who do i send a copy of so you can block this spam at your end to stop people being lured into giving information that is harmfull to them . please forward your email address for such circumstances 

Also how do i tighten up security on our optus service with you " hidden 

thank you   my mobile 0425342624.    

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: I have received a spam from Australian Government Services requesting information

Well the first step in security would probably be to red the big red bold writing telling you this is a public forum and not to post personal information (like your phone number). You can edit your post to remove it.

While its great to look out for others about a million other people probably got the same spam (and another million will get more tonight). Its impossible to block SMS so you can only see what options your phone has and keep your number safe (even then they often just SMS random numbers anyway).

Keep vigilant and never click on any links in email or sms asking for payment, ID details or even just to contact someone.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: I have received a spam from Australian Government Services requesting information

So it was an SMS?

Curious as to exactly what it says. Can you post a screen shot here (without any personal details)?

0 Kudos