Searching...

I have been DDoS and Iam concerned. I have been advised to change my IP address can this be done ???

pjx

I have been DDoS and I am concerned. I have beeen advised to change my IP address can this be done????

Re: I have been DDoS and Iam concerned. I have been advised to change my IP address can this be done

petergdownload

DDOS is pretty unusual for an individual computer. It normally involves a major site (like the ABS for example) where millions of PCs all make simutaneous requests for data (stopping any legitimate users)

All Optus IP addresses are randomly assigned. If you want to change yours then turn your modem off before you go to bed and then turn it back on in the morning. It will have a new IP address. 

Peter Gillespie

Re: I have been DDoS and Iam concerned. I have been advised to change my IP address can this be done

petergdownload

Hey @Yeldarb 

I had some romantic notion of revisiting my first post but the system only allows you to go back 100 pages (aka 2018).

Just wanted to say its been a fun trip but I'm heading for retirement. I've tried to agitate for some changes but not really sure the Yes Crowd is taken all that seriously by management on the big picture stuff. 

I've learned a lot and helped a few along the way and always appreciated your contributions (seems fitting you just got a Best Post award Smiley Happy

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Yeldarb

I thought you were in retirement given the generous amount of time you spend helping people out. Awards are nice Peter but just a simple thanks every now and then is all I need. I must say I am impressed with the way you have conducted yourself on the forum and I don't think the place would be same without you. Smiley Sad

petergdownload

I like jumping around past posts Smiley Happy On the flip side I always thought it was one of the weaknesses of the Yes Crowd format that new posts to old threads would only ever be highlighted to people that commented in that thread the first time around. Sort of ensures old posts don't get continually dredged up I suppose.

Can't blame you for concluding I'm retired but actually in the peak busy period of life (Coming up to 50, job, wife, two kids, a cat, etc.) It really doesn't take much time as the volume isn't great usually. But I probably hop on more often than I should. I've been worried I'm crowding out the crowd so to speak so hopefully some old and new contributors will pop in a bit more readily.

Also my decision is coupled with moving away from Optus. The NBN is arriving finally and I'll be going with Aussie Broadband  when I can (I do highly recommend them for performance and local service - a lot more ownership involved of issues). Perhaps most of all I've not like the cynicism behind some of Optus Management approaches. Systems designed to generate money at the expense of their own customers. You know the bug bears Smiley Happy Its getting better but I'm still not convinced Optus is approaching things in an open and honest way. Telstra surprisingly seems much more open these days (a few plans, customer defined spending limits, month to month, etc.)

Like you, I like helping out if I can. Play with a straight bat (with the occassion poke the hornets nest for fun)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
75 Kudos
75 Kudos
52 Kudos
42 Kudos
29 Kudos