Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor iainr
Occasional Contributor

Huawei b525 unable to access yescrowd or my account

Hi,

When using my Huawei B525 I am unable to access yescrowd.optus.com.au and the My Account login page. 

If I move my SIM into a Huawei E5577F (mobile hotspot) then everything works but much slower

I presume this is something that will have to be resolved by tech support on my account but worth asking here if anyone knows any trick to get it to work

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Huawei b525 unable to access yescrowd or my account

Hi iannr,

A couple of people have posted about this issue in the last few months:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Unable-to-open-Help-and-Support-or-Yes-Crowd-pa...

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Cant-access-optus-websites-from-optus-mobile-br... 

When chatting with Technical Support if they get a bit stuck I would refer them to these threads. It sounds like a HLR rebuild is the way to go?

We would really appreciate it if you returned to Yes Crowd to let us know if you got it resolved. If not, we'll try something different.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

double post - sorry

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the related issues.

I have now had 2 chats with online support about the issue but it has not yet been resolved.

An escalation has been made and I now have a ticket number.

To me it looks like a TLS handshake issue during the connect being caused by the NAT with the B525 modem but I may be completely wrong as that would require a firmware update

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks for the update, some progress made getting a fault ticket looked at.

If it hasn't progressed by the start of next week, please let me know what the ticket number is and I'll follow up.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor BrianWatts
Occasional Contributor

Hello Iain and Ray,

Back on 8th December when I started this thread, 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Why-don-t-Optus-web-pages-load-using-Optus-Mobi...

I was unaware of a few other people, like you, with the same problem. Have you had any success since 11th December?

I am still unresolved, technical support was no help, nor interested "aw, haven't heard of that problem before, have you reset your modem" is about as far as I could get.  Online Community Manager Dan_C tried to help, but didn't get anywhere.

And now that I have disconnected my Telstra ADSL service, the only way to access my Optus account and Yes Crowd (like this reply) with a device running OSX, is to hotspot a phone.

It is a pity that Optus technical support doesn't want to follow through on stuff. The too hard basket is the easier option. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Brian,
I have heard nothing from my fault ticket, I will follow up on the new year as I assume that there will be minimal support until then.

I assume you are also using the b525s-65a.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Yes Iain, I have the same B525s-65a modem/router.

Apart from your thread and mine, I suppose you have also seen the other threads:

"Cant access optus websites from optus mobile broadband"

and

"Unable to open Help and Support or Yes Crowd pages with Apple devices".

So that makes at least four threads with this exact same problem that Optus has no real interest in.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Today I put the SIM from my phone (non Optus) in my B525 and it is working perfectly, using it to make this post

So this does suggest the issue is with the either the account configuration or the SIM.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

G'day Iain, yep, after reading your post I tried the same thing.

I put a Telstra SIM in the B525 and no worries, opened Optus pages without a problem.

After putting the Optus SIM back in, back to the same old problem - Optus.com.au Home page loads, but most optus.com.au links, MyAccount pages and Yes Crowd pages don't load. Had to hotspot my Telstra phone to post this.

So nothing wrong with the B525 modem/router or any of my Apple and Mac devices.

Must be the SIM card or something else.

0 Kudos