Searching...
Accepted Solution

Huawei b525 QoS?

bakapoko

Hi all, I've been searching online regarding setup for QoS in the b525 modem settings without any success..

I have found that the modem does support QoS but I cannot find it anywhere in the system settings. I have contacted Huawei and they said the modem settings is modified for Optus. They suggested to contact Optus to see if they can assist me.

I game online and would like to prioritise my console. 

Can someone please help? 

Re: Huawei b525 QoS?

Paddylee

As far as I am aware - its not in the firmware optus use at all.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

bakapoko

Thanks for the response. That's quite disappointing that they haven't included a very common feature in most, if not all current modems. I had a feeling this was the case...I looked into buying a Netgear switch to manage what was connected to the network, but it looks like this modem won't support that hardware due to the modified Optus firmware on the modem. 

I like the wireless internet, but hate being locked in to what hardware ' I have to use ' 

Maybe someone from Optus support can assist me further? 

Solution

Paddylee

Thats as far as product support would go.

There is no optus provided firmware that they can send you.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

Eric008

I think you'd better find the general firmware of Huawei B525 to dashborad. Then you will get the option for QoS. The customized firmware deleted the QoS option. The general firmware would have the option, but the firmware update may let the B525 become a stone if firmware update failure. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
74 Kudos
50 Kudos
41 Kudos
30 Kudos
16 Kudos