Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor Pestillence
New Contributor

Huawei CPE E5186 no internet in evenings

Hi,

Lately in the evenings my Huaweii CPE E5186 is not connecting to the internet. My devices can connect to the router just fine, and the lights are blue with a sting Wi-Fi signal, however if I try to access the internet (i.e Netflix etc) websites will not load and the browser says I am not connected to the internet. It' very odd as I can connect to the network just fine throughout the day, it just seems to be evenings specifically after 10pm. Is there a fix or is this a known issue on the network? Getting really frustrated with the unreliability of the optus 4/5g broadband network. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Huawei CPE E5186 no internet in evenings

See how well an optus modem or phone stays connected.

Home wireless broadband is linked to 2300Mhz TDD. Maybe that goes down after 10pm on your tower.

One strategy would be to use the modem on a 140GB or 100GB with unmetered TV plan for $70. That way when the 2300 dies, it will switch over to 1800, 2600 or 700

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Huawei CPE E5186 no internet in evenings

@10000000000GB

Optus Home Wireless is NOT limited to 2300Mhz and will connect to all the other available bands (at 5/1 instead of 12/1).

So the router will pick the band with the better signal so thats not an issue.

Unless their is scheduled maintenance at the tope it should not go down after 10pm eachnight - its has to be a different issue.

If the light on the device turns red - then its trying to connect to 3g and Home Wireless is not provisioned ot do so and will hang the connection.

You can log into the router and set it to "4g only" (Click "DIAL UP", then Network and set to "4G ONLY" then click apply.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!