cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Huawei B818 service connection pending??

Submitted my order as a brand new Optus customer on 15 March, my Hauwei B818 4G Home Wireless system arrived today (18 March)

There is no information about how long it will take for the service to activate, but the online support person said that this will occur 5 business days from today!? Surely not...

Has anyone experienced this issue?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Huawei B818 service connection pending??

I went to the Optus Shop purchased my B818, the Salesman filled in a few details , drove home and set it up and it worked.

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That is strange, it's Plug and Play self installation meaning you just plug it in and follow the steps.

Nothing happens when you plug it in?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

We're in business! I turned it on this morning and it's working fine now THANK GOODNESS - was a bit confused when one of the staff on chat said that I had to wait another 5 days to be connected though. Maybe a training opportunity there.

Thanks for checking in Ray_YC My faith in Optus has now been restored

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey Tigers1719

Thanks for your response. That's exactly how I thought things would go, but I checked in with their chat team who had mixed advice when it didn't connect straight away. Up and running today thankfully! The second chat member I spoke to said that my setup hadn't been finalised in the background, and he spoke with another team who have clearly sorted that all out. Thanks to Optus for the quick solution 🙂

0 Kudos