Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
digitizernz1
Contributor
Contributor

Huawei B818-263 Correct APN

I have a Huawei B818-263. Can anyone confirm a solid APN to use? I have had the Optus chat person tell me it should be 'ConnectLTE'. The default upon a reset is 'LTE Broadband'. Does anyone have a thought? My status LED keeps going out just about on a weekly basis despite resets and restarts. I pulling my hair out. Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Huawei B818-263 Correct APN

Hey @Digitzern1, generally speaking the default should be Connect LTE, however if you find that the other options provided are more compatible- you are more than welcome to use those.

Just so you have all the cards relating to your modem, I would recommend having a look at the modem guides for the Huawei B818  which will provide you with some more information on the device's setting and functions. 

If you were requiring some more assistance, I would recommend having a chat to our Tech Teams on our 24/7 Messenger Service whom will be able to advise further and walk you through the modems features and set up. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
digitizernz1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you @Tuong_YC for the prompt reply. In my case when I reset the modem, as I have done multiple times, the default APN is LTEBROADBAND. I have left it like that at present and I will monitor its reliability. The Chat team seems to have a script that says CONNECTLTE is the APN. Cheers
0 Kudos
AndS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Tuong_YC  Has optus changed something since the following page was last updated as your response does not match the APN listed for the Home Wireless Broadband on the following Optus page?

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=1379

If something has changed then I will change my APN from the recommended APN of LTEBROADBAND to what ever the default setting the modem/optus network configure.

0 Kudos
George_YC

Apologies for any confusions. If you're using a Home Wireless Broadband device on a Wireless Broadband plan, your APN will have to be LTEBROADBAND. That is the default APN setting for those devices and plans.

You can also use other APNs as long as they are set up on your service. So if you're using the CONNECTME APN, your service should still work as long as CONNECTME has been switched on for your service.

You can always message us 24/7 and speak with an expert to verify which APN is turned on and you can use on your service.

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

digitizernz1
Contributor
Contributor

Hence my confusion. The web says LTEBROADBAND is the APN. But whenever I chat to the Optus agents via the web app, they say to change it to CONNECTLTE as the APN. As of last night, getting frustrated with consistent dropouts, I decided to leave it at the default, post reset, value of LTEBROADBAND. Seems ok so far.

0 Kudos
AndS
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@George_YCThanks for the reply. Makes sense now with the extra info about other APN's if they were set up on the service being used.

0 Kudos