Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor SanjayaB
New Contributor

Huawei B525s-65a; WiFi LAN; Can't Communicate Between Machines

Hi All,

I recently got Wireless home broadband connection along with a Huawei B525s-65a router. 

With device and connection to Internet works fine. I have attached 2 laptops to this router and both can access Internet.

But, it's not possible to communicate between the laptops. Even ping is not working.

Both the laptops can ping the gateway which is the router.

I disabled the firewall on the router and still 2 laptops can't communicate with each other.

Any ideas on resolving this issue?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Re: Huawei B525s-65a; WiFi LAN; Can't Communicate Between Machines

Unsure but are the lappy’s set to a private network?

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor SanjayaB
New Contributor

Thanks for the update Dave.

I'll the check the network settings again.

But, with the wifi router came with my previous connection (Optus NBN), the same laptops ware able to talk to each other. I don't remember making any changes to network settings.

Regards,

Sanjaya

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion caaf
Crowd Champion

Oh ok,

Just thought those settings be key. Assume you’re running that P.I.A. win 10 OS. Had the sis in laws lappy wake up one day and decided “I don’t like that wifi connection anymore”. 

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor SanjayaB
New Contributor

Thanks for the tip Dave.

On both the laptops, Norton antivirus is running. And, Norton had marked the wifi network as public on both the laptops. 

Once the network was set as private on both the sides, they started talking to each other.

Regards,

0 Kudos