Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Huawei B525 Red Light

I have a B525 on the 500GB plan. It's been working great, but tonight the blue light changed to red.

According to the manual and guide, the blue light is supposed to indicate '4G'. This is separate from the 4G signal indicator, which shows 5 bars (out of 5). The manual and guide tells me that a red light on the model indicates a bad or invalid SIM. This sounds odd given that it has been working well.

The light has turned blue (and service restored) for periods, before turning red again.

My question is whether this is an issue on my end (e.g. SIM), or whether it's a service issue which just requires patience until restoration. The ticket / messaging system doesn't give me any satisfaction at all, message just sits there unaddressed...

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Huawei B525 Red Light

Check for any outages in your area here, it could be maintenance - https://www.optus.com.au/about/network/service-status

In the top right hand corner of the map there's a check box to switch between coverage and outages, make sure you switch to outages first

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos