Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
mn-90
New Contributor
New Contributor

How to unblock inbound port 443 on sim mobile broadband

Hi,

I have a business mobile broadband with static ip enabled. I am finding inbound port 443 is blocked. I am wondering if anyone had experience unblocking ports.

Thanks everyone

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: How to unblock inbound port 443 on sim mobile broadband

@mn-90Suggest you read the manual that came with the modem and if it does not help google how to setup the firewall and port forwarding for the modem model you have.

0 Kudos
mn-90
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thankyou for your reply the modem is correctly setup. Using the same modem with another provider and the incoming port is unblocked. This is problem is on Optus end. I have already range customer support and spent an hour where they redirected me back and forth four times between mobile internet and 5G support. When a new case was created they promised to escalate the problem but simply just closed the case after a week without contact or changing or fixing anything. I am asking the community who had experience for advice how to go about unblocking the incoming ports with Optus.

Thankyou

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@mn-90With the extra info I would do a yescrowd search for blocked ports and see if you can find anything useful as I doubt you will get any meaningful Optus response.

If you are still stuck after doing the search head over to whirlpool and do a search and if there is nothing that helps then ask and make sure you include in the post details of what you have tried.

Some things to check, which I hope you have done are:

1) Ping the public IP address to ensure that you actually have a public IP address. Assuming the modem has ICMP resonses turned on.

2) Test a non standard port like 9100 to say an FTP server (I use RebexTinySftpServer on a high port # with NGROK as I am on 4G Optus CGNAT). This will confirm that Optus is not blocking ALL ports.

P.S. Looks like you have been given the standard Optus QOS...... It will be too technical for most of the Optus support staff, unless you accidentally find one that knows what you are trying to do.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Good luck trying to get Optus to even acknowledge that they block any ports, let alone which specific ports. They are more than happy to waste everyone's time to with their head in the sand on this issue.
mn-90
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thankyou for everyone help I can see it is a loosing battle. Greatly appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
Top Contributors