Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor ashleyf
New Contributor

How to turn wireless back on my modem without an ethernet connection.

I was trying to set up an Orbi extender, which involves turning off the Optus modem wireless. I as able to acess the modem setting and turn off the wireless. 

Umm. Now how do I turn wireless back on , when I no longer have an ethernet adapted device.

Will a factory reset of the modem turn wifi back on. ?

( I do feel dumb....) 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: How to turn wireless back on my modem without an ethernet connection.

Yes, and the password will be the one that the router came with.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Factory reset will turn it back on. However, there is a WiFi button on the rear of the modem that should turn it on/off. Try button first.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

How'd you go about switching WiFi off? Did you access your modem settings page and switch it off from there, or did you press the physical WiFi on/off button.

I'd first check to see whether there's a physical on/off switch. We do have modems that allow you to switch off your WiFi network from the device itself.

Failing that, a factory reset will restore your modem back to its original default configuration. That'll bring your WiFI connection back to life

Keep in mind, your WiFi Network name (SSID) and password will be set back to it's out of the box settings (the default network name and password are printed on a sticker at the bottom of your modem. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You guys beat me to the punch 😵 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor ashleyf
New Contributor

Thank you. Turning the wifi button off and ond on worked. Funnily enough , even tho I had disabled the wifi via the web , the button was still showing as 'on'. Sagecomm 5366

0 Kudos